First I am staggered you have no comments. Nothing since 2013, really? No one researches their VT? So … odd.
Anyway, I've used Roll20 now for almost 4 years. Here is my #1 comment:
1) The dev staff does not respond to accurate, useful, continuous, value-added critique in any meaningful way and further they actively discourage such critique by doling out commentary points that even apply to suggestions loosely based on your pay level. This is a dystopian way to do things. I've sent them hundreds of great ideas that even from my own perspective as a coder of 30+ years experience would take me only hours to implement and even offered to work with them for free to see features I want and they have essentially just blocked me from dialogue. That kind of insanity is not what you want to see in a public system, especially one that does have a 'free' subscription level.
2) The ENTIRE web would greatly benefit from XML style data set import/export compliance. That is to say that any game system could define (and usually does) a schema for all their data and data relationships. But these should always be published and open to other app developers to use to import/export their compliant data. Why do I say this? Well, no one has made the all-tool yet. That is I have to run my campaign on a good forum site Myth-Weavers and then meet on Roll20 for the VT. But players and I have to duplicate data in at least 3 places, character generator, MW, and Roll20. Frankly, it's time consuming and insane. Because of idiots money grubbing issues we have to deal with the perversity that computers that are supposed to make our lives easier by automation instead GET IN THE WAY intentionally. So, rather than systemically helping us they are being used to systemically lock us out unless we pay or play the way 'they' want us to.
3) I will add that no voip tool is right so far. I have tools that think PTT is pointless, … really. It's so frustrating. I do not care that YOU the idiot app developer think it's pointless. People that use VOIP apps use it so YOU are wrong. Make useful tool, please! I would love one that integrates directly into the VT. Roll20's is hideous. I used DOlby Axon but now it's going away? Why? …
4) Streaming is way way way way too complicated for no valid reason. I detest the idea of citing WYSIWYG development as a good idea here, but, it is. VTs need an integrated, non stupid, press 1 button and it works streamer functionality. If we want multiple streamer apps they should all conform to a protocol standard so they can be plugged in. Combining stream feeds into a final stream product should be trivial.
5) Along with voip I think its patently obvious and ridiculous that they do not have (VTs and VOIP apps) create tab private chat channels. I mean this was available in like the late 80s, WTF is going on here? DMs need to be able to private chat to each player. I know lazy DMs dont. Good DMs do.